Feltmakers vs. Hammermakers

Serge Harel harel@clic.net
Sat Jan 13 06:25 MST 2001

> A question. For those who know, what is the current status of Renner
> hammers? Has there been any change in these over the past two years? How
> does the amount of lacquering used on Renner hammers compare with
> domestic hammers?

Hi Stephen

Hard to answer to you yours question because Renner make so many kind of
hammer
My experience is with the Hamburg hammer and in the last two years they are
firmer and lighter than before, the with maple core specially.
ex: This summer I change the hammer on a 25 years old Hamburg B the
downweight in those piano is 47 gr on all notes and I got 40 gr downweight
with the new set.
The are so firm that you don't need lacquer at all, they need more voicing
than before.

Serge Harel