Kissin Review/concert prep

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon Jan 8 13:03 MST 2001

Untrimmed trichords (legs hanging below the bottom of the strings at
rest) really exacerbate this, especially if someone has been strip
muting without depressing the pedal: as the felt at string level is
compressed, the felt below tends to expand. When the pedal is depressed
enough to clear all other dampers, trichord felt is still between
strings in the tenor. Careful trichord trimming is an absolute must in a
high-level situation.

Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico