electronic pianos

Richard West rwest1@unl.edu
Thu Feb 22 07:52 MST 2001

Mitch:

We have been buying Disklaviers with technology money.  Otherwise you
have to ask how long a well-maintained accoustic piano will last
compared to an electronic keyboard.  Universities don't always think
long term, but I still think the accoustic option is preferable and will
give longer service.  But I'm prejudiced.  Does anyone know the life
expectancy of a decent electronic keyboard?  Are they like
computers--every 5 years buy a new one to get all the new upgrades and
updated bells and whistles?

Richard West
University of Nebraska