Normally stretched treble sounds flat

John D. Chapman chapmajd@wfu.edu
Thu Feb 15 05:59 MST 2001

Jim,
I am not "committed" to the stretched tuning.  And I personally prefer the
sound of the clean double/triple octaves.  I do think it is interesting
how pianists react to the stretch.  None have said "oh! what happened to
your beautiful clean octaves!".  There may be a time and place for
different types of tunings. Why limit yourself?
John