Baldwin regulation

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon Feb 5 16:38 MST 2001

I scratched my head on this one for a while.  Finally I removed the
stack and key and put the keyframe in with blocks in place.  I then
fitted bits and pieces of veneer between the keyframe and keybed until
I got a nice fit.  These where glued in place one at a time then fine
fitted when dry.  I then lubricated the shim stock to help ease
shifting.

If you find there is considerable movement between keybed and dags
then I would go to the hardware store and get some carpenters wedges
or shim stock, precut.  I would insert a shim under the keyframe at a
dag and make sure the frame moves freely but the movement is gone.  DO
this at each dag and then follow standard cleanup and make nice
procedures.  Removing the return spring can be of help here.

Then rebed as usual and wait and see.

		Newton