Isaac hammers

Mike Kurta mkurta@baldcom.net
Fri Apr 20 15:11 MDT 2001

    Hi Vince:
    In answer to your question about Isaac hammers, get in touch with =
Bob Barrett in Ithaca NY.  He's an associate in the directory and =
operates a rebuilding shop in Ithaca.  He gave a technical last week to =
the Southern Tier chapter on voicing and talked at length about Isaac =
hammers.  He is a real booster of them, has been to his facility, and =
speaks very highly of his products.  He can give you info in detail =
about his experiences. =20
    Mike Kurta, RPT Auburn NY
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Vince Mrykalo=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 12:24 PM
  Subject: Re: removal of lacquer/keytop

  With all this talk of hammers and related voicing topics, I am seeking =
pros and cons of Ari Isaac's hammers.  Anyone using them?   He is =
willing to use different mouldings (for weight) and can cut them to =
different widths.  Sounds very technician-friendly.  Plus, he gets his =
felt from Bacon, who will do the felt to Isaac's specifications, which =
is apparently different than anyone else's hammers. =20

  Vin  vince@byu.edu
  "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."=20
  --Yogi Berra

  "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."=20
  --Yogi Berra

  "I always said I wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more=20
  specific." - Lily Tomlin=20