"New" Hamburg Hammers (momentary digression)

TCoates tcoates@dtgnet.com
Thu Apr 19 06:47 MDT 2001

I have discovered the date problem.  We own and use four different
computers. Three are iBooks.  The iBook I used this past weekend at the
breakfast table is my wife's.  I very rarely make posts from the breakfast
table, but hey it was a weekend.  I spent the rest of the weekend posting
from my desktop computer.  I'd forgotten I'd made a post from her computer.

My wife's iBook doesn't have a battery in it right now (long story).  From
what I can tell, iBooks use the main battery to keep the date and time
constant.  Consequently the date and time are incorrect on this computer.
This also accounts for why there was only one post with an incorrect date
and time.  The battery is in the process of being replaced on this computer
(again long story).

I have replaced PRAM batteries of the plug in type.  Even some of them can
be a "sucker".

Now we can rest the mystery of the "incorrect time and date", at least from
my weekend post.

Tim Coates