Vending machines in music buildings?

Greg Granoff RPT gjg2@humboldt.edu
Wed Apr 18 11:26 MDT 2001

John Minor wrote:

> We have students petitioning to have VENDING machines installed in our
> music building! It sounds insane to me, but I thought I'd check with other
> techs to see if this is "usual".
>
> John Minor
> University of Illinois

John,
Here at Humboldt we have had a couple vending machines in the main building
for as long as I can remember, and like others I see no particular problem.
Most of the spills-- and they are infrequent-- come from coffee which is sold
in a nearby dining hall.  I have signs on the pianos and people are generally
cooperative.  I think the students like the ability to get a late night snack
if they are here practicing....  I just wish some of them would wash their
Dorito chip hands before playing!
Greg Granoff