Vending machines in music buildings?

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Apr 17 10:42 MDT 2001

>We have students petitioning to have VENDING machines installed in our
>music building! It sounds insane to me, but I thought I'd check with other
>techs to see if this is "usual".
>
>John Minor
>University of Illinois

John,

Most schools I have attended or visited have something available.  We have
had machines for years.  If they were not there kids would bring drinks in
from somewhere else.  Spills are infrequent here but inevitable in my
opinion.  I post a few signs about the evils of drinks on the piano and
occasionally get to yell at a student I catch using the piano as a coster
but even if we made it a federal law, it would still happen.

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
-School of Music, Ohio University
-Athens, OH  45701