"New" Hamburg Hammers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 15 13:25 MDT 2001

Hi Tim,
            I'm not so sure of all of the details,  the new piano is NY
stock so I presume NY hammers. But that may be wrong.
The 1929 is no longer a Steinway <G> and has, I believe Renner blues.
I was aware of the various tech's that were involved with various stages of
rebuilding. And am fully aware there are many factors and changes that
upped the projection and tone pallet.
I'm sorry if I made light of others work,  but the point I was trying to
make.  The old piano in the hall was by far the better sounding, however at
the piano bench one gets a different perception.
I'm not so sure what I'm trying to say, but I would like to hear a
discoarse on tone, touch, and the perceptions, both in a hall, and at the
bench. From both players and listeners.
Things are never quite what they seem.
Thank's for you comments. I have no disagreement.
regards Roger

At 04:26 PM 1/2/70 -0600, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>I'm not sure what you are saying here.  Does the newer D have NY or German
S&S
>hammers on it?  Or, are your referring to the Renner hammers as the "German"
>hammers?
>
>If you are referring to the Renner Hammers as the German hammers, then the
>reason the older D sounds as it does isn't because of the hammers alone.
There