"Temporary" voicing

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Fri Apr 13 05:36 MDT 2001

Newton:

This is our gig at the Meyerson.  Our orchestra, pianist etc.  Our pianist wants to use this pianot there, so it's my job to make everyone as happy as I can without ruining the instrument.  With all the good ideas I've gotten here the past few days, I think I can do it.

dave

On 4/12/01 at 3:44 PM Newton Hunt wrote:

>David,
>
>Don't mess with a good thing.  Have the piano moved and if it doesn't fit the hall
>then have it moved back, not at the school's expense, of course.  It they still use
>it then that is their problem.  Don't make this a problem for yourself!!  Piano
>hammers are not like pitch changes.  They are the heart and soul of the piano and
>messing with them unjustifiably is detrimental to the piano.  Making nice to the
>donor is not justification for screwing up a good piano ... period!
>
>IMNSHO.
>
>		Newton

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net