need ideas

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon Apr 9 16:17 MDT 2001

Mark, CAUT,

> ... I had mentioned previously the Kawai UST-7
>(an otherwise amazing studio piano, IMHO) as being especially susceptable to
>this problem, and had several others echo the same findings.
>Mark Cramer,
>Brandon University

The pianos are relatively new Yamaha U1s', though I have experienced this
on a Kawai model as well in a residential tile floor situation.

>...The question remains whether the floor is the (greater) culprit, or the
>piano's cabinet?

The greater culprit is definitely a worthy question, one I hadn't
considered.  Maybe substituting another comparable piano would reveal
whether the piano is the weak (or weaker link) versus than the floor.

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University
Saint Gregory's University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA