new pianos

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Fri Sep 22 10:43 MDT 2000

How do you all decide on rebuilding or trading pianos?  We have 30 very=
 rebuildable Steinways and my preference (since it is more cost effective)=
 is to rebuild and keep them going.  Sometimes pianists just like getting a=
 "new" piano - justified or not.  Currently they are trying to raise money=
 for a new instrument, and they are targeting the worst looking instrument=
 to replace.  Other than the looks it's really OK.

What criterion do you use for the rebuild/trade decision?

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts