covers

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Sat Sep 16 08:24 MDT 2000

In a message dated 9/16/00 9:50:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, nhunt@jagat.com
writes:

<<  It would be nice if you shared the wording of the sign you
 put on it, Tom.  >>

Hi, Newton -

I don't remember exactly.  Something like:

Please put the cover back on the piano when you're finished with it.
    -   It helps keep the piano in tune for you.
    -   It keeps the piano looking nice for your next performance.
    -   It helps prevent collision damage from users less careful than you!
Thanks!
[signed]
Tom McNeil, Piano Technical Services

I always put my signature on these and other such notes and signs.  Seems to
be more significant when the message is from a real person whom one knows
(probably) and likes (hopefully) instead of from "the institution."

       -     Tom McNeil     -
Vermont Piano Restorations