covers

Murphy Mail murphyrlsvm@highlandil.com
Fri Sep 15 04:50 MDT 2000

John, Hi, my name is Richard Murphy. I am the new piano tech at SIUE.  I =
have inherited a worn down situation.  Too much neglect for to many =
years.  I want to insure that the newest instruments are cared for and =
want to purchase good quality covers for the grands that are used daily =
by all kinds of groups.  In the past they have all had covers (so I'm =
told) but only a few are remaining none of which actually fit the pianos =
they cover.  Dennis Haley from Oregon suggested I contact you about his =
custom made covers.  I need some ammunition to take to our chair for =
approval.  My plan is to budget these covers for next year and purchase =
five to eight, 2 or 3  nine footers, and the rest seven footers.  Also =
do you use string covers to help control humidity?  I want to also =
purchase some D.C. systems for these same pianos to at least help =
stabilize them better.  I know it will never be perfect until the =
college dose something major to control the humidity, but that will =
probably not happen in our lifetimes.=20
    By the way, I am professional Staff not civil service, but I don't =
know what difference that makes except maybe the music dept. has control =
of my duties. Thanks, Richard Murphy,RPT, SIUE