help now, SVP

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 21:23 MDT 2000

C'mon, folks! Parts you get from suppliers amount to kit materials. No
manufacturer can possibly put together an action center and get the friction
right for every possible environment. I've routinely repinned entired sets of
shanks AND wippens(!). Routinely. IMO, there's no such thing as "perfect,
straight out of the box." That's fairy-tale stuff.

Come to think of it, I think I got the impression that the centerpin you see, in
a fresh box of parts, is actually just a sizing pin. That it's *supposed* to be
replaced. I think it was someone at Renner (Germany) who said something like
that. (Measure the pin - it's probably a #19 or smaller.)

If you don't care to do the repinning yourself, perhaps you could hire & train a
student.

Ron Torrella, RPT