Off campus work

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Sep 6 13:45 MDT 2000

Paul,

Here at CCM, any off campus performances by faculty, ensembles or students
are considered "extra" work and contracted accordingly. I charge full rates
for these affairs and if they don't like it they are welcome to contract
anyone else they want. It is usually the recital spaces (Art museum,
churches, etc.) that pay me, not the recitalist. It must be understood from
the beginning that this is an official school policy in case somebody
accidentally "forgets" to budget the money. They always seem to "forget" and
then at the last minute hope you will rush over and tune gratis so the music
(and presumably the audience) won't suffer. If you hold firm with a policy
in place, they always seem to find the money. These off-campus recitals are
also usually scheduled during times that would normally be your time off
(Sunday afternoon, etc.) so I don't feel any guilt charging full price.

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati