Screwed

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 30 15:18 MST 2000

Hi Caut,
 I'm missing keyblock screws from a Mason & Hamlin and a Steinway.  They're
probably in somebody's backpack walking around campus, however in the
meantime I thought this would be a simple call to our local fastenal
supplier.  WRONG  !
    Anyone have a good supply for these healthy monster screws?  Steinway
measures #16 and M&H is a #24, which is a good laugh at our true value
hardware store.
    Thought about grinding down some lag bolts, then I thought, well someone
out there must have faced this problem before.  I could obviously try the
service departments, but this has now turned into a challenge to find
something somewhat local for supply.
    Thanks for your help & suggestions !
Joel

-- Joel A. Jones