A-440 Policy?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri Oct 27 07:13 MDT 2000

Hi David, long time no hear/see.

You are right, it is all political, even our discussions
(rantings) are political.  One trying to convince others of
the righteousness of their position.

For some of us time is a real issue, or rather the energy
required to do a job is the issue.  I have been given a
daily issue of energy, about 20% of what most people get so
for me to invest so much energy in a project without a high
priority to me is just not possible.  Think of yourself as
being the sickest you have been with the flu and try living
that way every day, 24/7 and you quickly discover what your
living priorities are.  Just staying alive is a major
struggle.

I think we are drawing a line in the sand and saying we will
not go over that line.  Someone, somewhere, sometime has to
do that, delimiate the limits.  If we do not then who?
Certainly not the musicians, they have no resolve except
their own imagination.  They don't give a hoot about you or
others or their property as long as they get what they
imagine is their due.

Certainly not administration, they have no understanding of
the issues for the most part.  They just pass requests down
the line to the handyman, us.

So who is left?  You and I.  A=440, 442, 443, 445, where
does it stop?  It doesn't unless we are willing to dig in
our heels and say enough is enough.  It is astonishing how
quickly strange requests disappear when it effects their
pocketbooks.  Gimme, gimme, gimme but I ain't paying.  Once
a musician is past the first few measures the music becomes
the issue, not the pitch.

David, I love it when you use my name multiple times!

Let's do lunch sometime.

		Newton