A-440 Policy?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu Oct 26 18:37 MDT 2000

There was a policy at the local concert hall of a440.  If
anyone or group wanted something different it would coast
them an additional $100.  My policy, my rules, my pocket.
Today that would be closer to $150.

At the university I had a policy of 440...period.  If anyone
wanted something different I said no.  If they pushed the
issue I told them it would take me the time to tune five
pianos to change the pitch up and then down again.  _IF_
they got written request from the chairman I would do it.
The chairman knew the time involved.  9 out of 10 times he
said, "No.".

So, it is my bash or the cash.

		Newton