Schools with Piano Tech Websites

Scott E. Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Thu Oct 19 10:32 MDT 2000

Hi David and CAUTs,

I update the list on the CAUT page anytime someone sends me new
information.  I think it's been about a month since that happened though.

I have a web presence here at MSU.  It is mostly informational now, but I
am going to add a Request For Service Form in the next month or so. Like
most of the rest of you, I don't have time to do all the things I need to
do, and this is one of the projects that has been put off for a while.  I
learned how to generate the forms when we added the survey form to the CAUT
page.  It can be pretty involved, and it depends a lot on your local web
server software.  On our server it require special tweaking to get a form
to work right with both Netscape and IE browsers.

The phone and voicemail seems to be the most popular way for faculty to
request my services, although stopping me in the halls when I don't have
any way to schedule (or even a way write the request down 1/2 the time)
is  a close second.  I have blank forms in the mailroom and on the bulletin
board outside my shop, but these are rarely used.  Most of the recitals and
concerts  I just get off the calendar, which changes on a daily bases
around here, and everyone seems to forget to request my services for these
things anyway.  Thankfully, I have not missed anything critical yet. I do
get a few emails now, but it's not used as much as I would like.

I think I remember that someone on the list here has set up a system where
folks can actually set their own appointments on his calendar via the
web?  That sounds pretty slick, although I like having a little more
control than that.  I guess he just limits the times available and doesn't
need to prioritize as much as I do.

I am surprised that more CAUTs don't have a web page up.  Maybe they just
aren't telling me to add it to their listing on our site? Let me know if
any of you would like your info updated.

Scott
--------