supply house purchase

David Skolnik skolnik@attglobal.net
Wed Oct 18 08:02 MDT 2000

Dear CAUTerizers-

Clearly you're not keeping up with your pianotech list reading.  On
September 28, Kent Swafford, and on September 29, Ron Berry both forwarded
the news release about the acquisition.  Ron's, under the subject "Schaff
buys American Piano Supply" generated a bit of a thread that ranged from
trashing Apsco (there were a few exceptions) to parts stocking, to the
ethics of profit.  A fascinating read in your spare time.

 For the record,  while I may have had some frustrations with APSCO over
time , I've also been assisted on countless occasions.   They have been an
integral part of the piano industry for many years, and the sentimentalist
in me feels it would be a shame to see them disappear.   Then, too, while I
have been able to avoid last minute emergencies in recent years and with
the exit of Ford Piano Supply,  it was always nice to know that there was
an actual place in the NYC area where one could get something quickly, if
needed.  Well, sort of quickly.  Depending on New Jersey traffic and the
bio-rhythm of the counter person, you might have to pack a lunch, but
still, it was an adventure.

David Skolnik
skolnik@attglobal.net
212 222-2394