Yamaha C3 voicing

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Tue Oct 17 21:42 MDT 2000

Jeff,

I could be a smart-alec and say
1) yes, 2) yes, 3) yes, and 4) yes, but it's not Yamaha's official or
unofficial way; or I could just say yes to all. :-)

In a more serious vein, sometimes I use a Rival steam pot, sometimes I use a
hammer iron and a wet rag or just an iron depending on ?, sometimes I use
needles, sometimes I use pliers, sometimes I use more than one. It all
depends on what your customer wants, what the piano needs, and what results
you are seeking.

Voicing is no different than any other skill we use in our work. It takes
time to learn, it takes time to understand, and we never learn or understand
enough.

Take the time to practice and be judicious while you are learning. I suggest
practicing first on a practice piano before you experiment on a faculty
piano.

Since you've never used the steam technique before, err on the side of
caution. Listen/hear those results, see where you need to go next. Be
patient. It takes time; give yourself that time.

My 2 cents.

Gina