Ken Sloane

Donald McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Tue Oct 17 17:58 MDT 2000

List,

In the October issue of the Journal on page 42 you will notice a picture
of yours truly presenting a plaque to Ken Sloane. The caption states in
recognition of his retirement at Oberlin. Below is the complete text of
the plaque.

In honor of Kenneth A.Sloane, former head technician of the Oberlin
Conservatory of Music, for his many years of dedication and service to
the College and University Technicians Committee of the Piano
Technicians Guild. It is our privilege to have him as our colleague.

Ken has been on the CAUT committee since its modern inception in 1987 at
the annual conference in Toronto. Ken has been the chair, newsletter
editor and contributor over the years and is still serving as senior
advisor. The committee thought it fitting to honor Ken for all his work
over the years on the occasion of his retirement from Oberlin.

Although Ken will be continuing on the CAUT committee, it may be hard to
find him as I'm sure he will be spending a lot of time on his bicycle
and windsurfing board. :-)  He has also been practicing a new artistic
pursuit. He promised to treat us with this pursuit in Reno. Plan to
attend if for nothing else. :-))

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College