(no subject)

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:08 MDT 2000

>To:  University technicians
>     Re: University program under which a dealer loans a University pianos
>for a year culminating with a sale of the instruments on campus.
>
>    My questions are:    Are there any usage fees or moving costs charged to
>the University by the Dealer?   Which manufacturer has the best program?
>Thanks for your responses.
>
>Mary Schwendeman

Mary,

I think there is a lot of difference on how each dealer and manufacturer
handle this.  What we did was to have reps. from each company come in and
meet with us.  We chose Baldwin because there were no fees or purchase
requirements.  Plus we already had a great relationship with that dealer.
We have had this arrangement for four years now and it has been working
very well.  I don't know how much longer it will last though.  We are in a
remote area and their sales are less each year.  I suggest that you call
around and try something like we did.

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429