Emergency Repairs

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun Oct 15 07:13 MDT 2000

> I changed that shank/flange the
> first chance I had.

Good idea although if it survived a week of performances I
would likely leave it in.  I think you would need the
instruments at the Bureau of Standards to measure any
difference of flex, mass, resilience and impact resistance
in a repaired shank.  And what were those values before it
broke?  Considering we are dealing with an organic material
I would think those values would change more from shank to
shank than were one repaired.

Me, I hate doing a job twice.  It is all physics, all of
it.  It ain't rocket science neither.

		Newton