Emergency Repairs

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat Oct 14 21:27 MDT 2000

Hi David,

The repair of a shank is as strong or stronger than the
wood.  Round or hex makes no difference.  The reason I know
this is that John Ford, who invented this process, tested
numerous shanks of different sizes, ages and shapes and all
broke in a different place than the old break.  I am not so
certain about a CAed shank because CA takes four hours to
set not 24 hours like Titebond, but it should be strong
enough within an hour to use.

As for sound?  Come on, get real, who in the world could sit
in the audience and say, "My God, who the hell had the
temerity to repair that C# with CA glue?"  I doubt it.  All
they want to know is that the note is there.

		Newton

		Newton