Steinway Uprights

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 6 20:30 MDT 2000

The only Steinway uprights I would put in the consistently crummy =
category are the consoles that they are no longer making.  Today's 45 =
and K (52") uprights are excellent.  However, for less than what a =
Steinway costs, you can buy a Yamaha Disklavier with all the bells and =
whistles!

Carol Beigel, RPT
9.5 years recent working for a Steinway dealer

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ray T. Bentley=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 8:01 PM
  Subject: Steinway Uprights

  Does anyone on the list have an opinion on the current production =
Steinway uprights?  I have a client who is considering the purchase of =
one.  I don't hesitate to recommend their grands, but I've serviced some =
less than desirable uprights from say 30 to 40 years back.  Have they =
improved in recent years?
  =20
  Ray T. Bentley, RPT
  Alton, IL