Question

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Mon Oct 2 11:17 MDT 2000

Hi Horace,
      I want to hear you take on this also.  Having read various ideas,
it's obvious we can't be sure without having heard the concert.   The
piano tuner, and piano cannot bare all blame as the pianist has
opportunity to request voicing modifications prior to any professional
concert, unless they're just too nice to complain----rare indeed!
      One thought,  some pianos can be real deceivers both to pianists
and voicers.  The sound at the bench isn't the same as out in the hall.
Some bright ones are very loud at the bench and thin in the hall, some
dull ones are dull at the bench and booming with power in the hall.
-Mike Jorgensen