Overnite relief

Mark Cramer cramer@BrandonU.CA
Fri May 12 08:04 MDT 2000

End of February I aksed for (overnite) advice on how to deal with
sympathetic ringing in the treble section of our recital hall "D."  With the
Egré competition here last week, I finally found time to thoroughly
trouble-shoot the problem.  Which is kind of like saying "while being chased
by a doberman, I finally found time to work on my running technique!"  :>)

The ringing is (was) from the tenor rear duplex section, A3 was singing
along with A5, etc., as I think Newton had suggested.  Braiding the section
off solved this problem, without noticeable effect (to my hearing) to the
overall resonance of the piano.

Thanks for all who offered suggestions.  Kind of seems a shame to silence
this section of the piano though.  It's only doing what it's supposed to,
just perhaps a bit too efficiently.

Mark Cramer
Brandon University