Guidelines formulas on the web

Scott Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Wed May 10 09:35 MDT 2000

Hi All,

We now have piano inventory applications that include the Guidelines
Workload Formula in FileMaker Pro (Mac or Windows) and Excel (Mac or
Windows) on the CAUT web page.

http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/homepage.htm

Take the link to "Guidelines for Effective Institutional Piano Maintenance".

You will need either Excel or FileMaker to use these applications.  I will
be adding the Workload Formula to my Access database and will make that
available here as soon as I have it finished as well.

Anyone else with application files that incorporate the Workload Formula is
encouraged to share them with your colleagues.  Please email me with any
details.

Thanks to David and Don for making their files available to the rest of us!
--------------------------------
Here is the text from the files portion of the Guidelines page.
---------------------------------
Workload Formula Files
The following files incorporate the workload formula from the guidelines.
Because music institutions differ both in size and mission, and because
piano inventories vary greatly in quality and condition, the Workload
Formula has been developed to more specifically assess the piano needs of
an individual institution. Please note: The Workload Formula does not
presume to conclude how many piano technicians should be employed by an
institution. It represents the relationship of the staffing requirements to
the condition of the piano inventory. Any significant improvement of the
condition of the inventory will dramatically alter the ratio of pianos to
technicians.

Excel spreadsheet w/Guidelines formula WinZip file for Windows (David M.
Porritt)
NOTE: You must have Excel to use this spreadsheet.

Excel spreadsheet w/Guidelines formula Stuffit file for MAC (David M. Porritt)
NOTE: You must have Excel to use this spreadsheet.

FileMaker Pro database w/Guidelines formula (Donald R McKechnie)
NOTE: To download right click on the hyperlink and select "save target as".
This will bring up the save dialog. Save the file in your database
directory for FileMaker files.
(You must have FileMaker Pro for MAC or Windows to use this database)

Sincerely,
Scott
Webmaster of the CAUT Pages

Scott E. Thile, RPT