CAUT Survey

Donald R McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Mon Jun 5 09:12 MDT 2000

David & List,

Regarding the income questions on the survey, for both full and
part-time the income should be only from your institutional work. That
is the best way to get meaningful data. If memory serves me correctly,
the results from the 1990 survey on this question was a real eye opener
for some. It may well have been helpful to many in negotiating for a
better salary or contract.

Perhaps we should have asked on the current survey if the 1990 survey
did indeed help. Is there anyone on this list who used the survey with success?

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College