college course & annual

Donald R McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Thu Feb 17 00:52 MST 2000

Holy Cow! I did not expect this much response. The idea of putting the
files on the CAUT web page for downloading is definitely the way to go.
I will send the files to Scott as soon as I have finished updating my
lecture notes. This will either be a great or humbling experience for
me. :-)

So far I have been unable to send the one file, that has the diagrams
and chart, in tact. (File name is Tuning Handouts) The diagrams go
through but they do not end up in the correct place. After studying the
file one can figure out where they go and move them. The chart seems to
be a total loss. However, it is basically the same chart of beat rates
as is in Reblitz. If someone can figure out how to send this file in
tact let Scott know after his posts the files on the web site.

For those who do not know, I am the chair of the CAUT committee.
Information on the CAUT Forum this year in Arlington will be out soon. I
was rather late getting it together. Scott will have the lineup soon to
put on the web page. The Friday convention schedule on the web has not
been updated as of today. We have a full day of activities planned. The
first two periods will be the panel discussion. Yes the topic on college
courses will be included :-) The third period will be a presentation by
Gary Green of the Institutional Guidelines that he developed for
Steinway. The fourth period will be a class on fortepiano repairing and
maintenance presented by Ed Swenson. I hope this sounds good to everyone
and I expect to see many of you there. :-))

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College
dmckech@ithaca.edu