M & H - BB1 Pedal Rods

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed Feb 16 07:45 MST 2000

Rob & Karen Loomis wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I need a source of supply for pedal rods that are brass plated steel,
> 5/16th dia., 20 1/2" long [with the pin 2 3/4" in from the end to keep
> it from falling out]. Any possibilities out there, or do they need to
> get re-plated?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Rob Loomis, RPT
I find solid brass stock in various diameters at a local building supply
store. Seems like they carried somewhere like 1/8 to 1/2 in 1/16
increments, two and four foot lengths. I would look around. Easy to
drill for whatever pin you are referring to. Jon Page's suggestion of
painting I would avoid. The lacquer or whatever tends to react with the
cloth bushing (guide rail) to produce <awful> squeaks.
Fred Sturm, RPT
University of New Mexico