Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Feb 15 10:00 MST 2000

Hi Mary and Ed,

   You're correct. As a matter of fact, he just gave a very good
technical on the massage therapy/trigger point thing this past
Saturday. He even brought a friend (therapist) along who gave 10-15
min. massages during the technical! It felt wonderful. Even though
I haven't had any problems along that line as of yet, he found 2-3
trigger points that were "ouches" when he put a little pressure on
them.
   If you'd like to contact Patrick, his e-mail is:

            Patrick Baum <patbaum@alumni.rice.edu>

   Below is the "blurb" he wrote to put in our chapter newletter.
   I'm sure he'd be more than willing to discuss your problems with
you. Best of luck.

Avery

>	I believe Patrick Baum is a pianotechnician/massage therapist in
>Houston who has taken Clair Davies's classes. You could contact him
>through the Guild membership book.
>	This kind of pain can be incredibly frustrating.  Hang in there
>gently and keep searching.  You'll find your way.
>	Ed Sutton
>	University of La. at Monroe (but not for long!)

AN INTRODUCTION TO DO-IT-YOURSELF MASSAGE FOR THE PIANO TECHNICIAN
ACCESS to TOOLS, IDEAS and PRACTICES for KEEPING YOUR BODY IN- TUNE

Patrick Baum, RPT, has operated a harpsichord and piano tuning service in
the Houston area since
1980. In 1999 he completed training in therapeutic massage and state
certification as a Registered
Massage Therapist.

As piano tuners and technicians, we are blessed with the opportunity and
ability to do work that
we love. It is an irony that by doing the very thing we love, our bodies
sometimes come to suffer
excessive muscle tightness, pain and strain. Having experienced such pain,
I know first-hand how
self-massage can help give relief. Come learn what you can do on-the-spot
to prevent or relieve
painful knots. Being a do-it-yourselfer
helps when you can't get a session with your  massage therapist, body
worker, chiropractor or other
professional. Don't forget to trim your fingernails, as this helps in doing
some of the self-massages.

SPECIAL ADDED TREAT: COMPLIMENTARY ten minute seated massages in a
professional
massage chair will be given by Tom McCants, RMT, throughout the meeting.
Use the sign-up sheet
to schedule your free session.
______________________________________

mailto:atodd@uh.edu - Work