Removing Let-Off Buttons

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 9 17:08 MST 2000

Hi Avery,
              Remove the let off rail, scrub them with warm water, just get
every thing soaked.  Leave for 20min,re scrub and soak, the old  felt will
fall off, reglue on a set of thick let off button felts.
This method will also clean off the traces of old glue for a better joint.

If you want to change the wooden button, grip the old button with a pair of
regulating pliers, use your unversal button regulation blade in a
portable/reversable drill.

See I'm lazy too.

Roger

At 12:41 PM 09/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>   Does anyone have a "cute little trick" for removing let-off
>buttons? This action has had a too large set of hammers put on
>it and so the buttons were screwed down almost to their limit
>to get let-off. I like to take the screws all the way up until
>the old button falls off before I install the new ones. I seem
>to be able to get the buttons on straighter that way.
>   Help! My arm is TIRED and I'm not even half way through yet! :-)
>
>Avery

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213