use of concert piano

David Forman daveforman@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 04:50 MST 2000

List,
We just received a CF3 Yamaha as a donation-very nice
piano. I am pushing (again) to restrict the use of
that instrument for practice. I need to get some
feedback as to what other schools do.
1. Do you restrict the use of your main concert
instrument?
2. If so, how much time do you allow
for practice for piano majors preparing for a recital?
3.If your hall is open all the time, as ours is, how
do you monitor use of the piano, and if the piano is
locked, how are keys given out?
We will be meeting soon to write a policy on this, and
your answers will be helpful.
Thank you.
Dave Forman, Westminster Choir College Of Rider
University