Metric / American Standard gauges

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri Dec 1 15:05 MST 2000

Use Currier or other mono spaced font to see these lines
properly.

American & Metric Wire Sizes

   A     B       C      D       E       F
G               H
 Size  Amer.   Metric Metric  Amer.   Amer.
       Inches  Inches         metric  size    Steel Wire
Copper wraps
   12  0.029   0.0285  0.725  0.737   11.7    12  0.029
39  0.0075

A=Guage or size
B=American wire in mils (thousandths of an inch)
C=Metric size in inches
D=Metric sizes in millimeters
E=Metric sizes in inches
F=Metric converted to American gauges
G=Repeat of A and B
H=Copper wrap sizes and their diameters, not related to
steel sizes.

Better?

		Newton