Guidelines

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon Apr 24 10:38 MDT 2000

One other factor we might consider for eventual inclusion in the
guidelines is some form of recommendation of instrument replacement. I
developed a recommendation for our department based on average ages I
thought we should try to attain, together with maximum age of oldest
instrument (separate values for uprights and grands, with the
understanding that grands would have periodic rebuilding).
	I was then able to come up with an annual replacement purchase budget
amount, needed to achieve and then maintain the recommended average
ages. (And when pigs fly, I expect such a budget to be funded. But you
have to start somewhere).
	If such average ages/replacement periods were included, perhaps in an
appendix, this would be helpful.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico