Extended Techniques

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 19 07:35 MDT 2000

Dear Colleagues,

I have been asked to make a presentation to our Composers Forum on
the topic of "Extended Techniques", which includes piano preparation,
playing inside the pianos, etc.

I seem to recall that other university technicians have developed
guideline documents to help the composer/pianists make safe use of
the performance and practice instruments.  Does anyone have such a
document that could be sent via the Internet before next Monday?  I
would be very grateful.  I have some ideas of my own, but would be
very interested in seeing how other technicians and institutions
handle these needs.

Charles

Charles Ball, RPT
School of Music