Guidelines

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Fri Apr 14 22:07 MDT 2000

Donald R McKechnie wrote:

>Scott, Bill and List,
>
>The Home Office does not like the idea of posting the Guidelines on the
>CAUT Website. It is a matter of economics. I can understand their
>argument and I am not inclined to do battle over it.

I'll see what I can do at the pre-Council board meeting.

Steinway does not charge for _their_ guidelines, because they know it is
in their best interests to get the information into the hands of the
institutional piano owners. It is possible the PTG could look at it the
same way. We could easily turn the Guidelines into a PDF file that could
be downloaded.

Putting a PDF file on the web would be moving to a software version of
the Guidelines, which is needed, but people might expect there also to be
a software version of the formula, into which they could punch their
variables and let the computer calculate the number of needed piano
techs. Steinway has a good solution by having their formula set up in
both 123 and Excel formats; perhaps we could do something similar.

Kent Swafford