Guidelines on the Web

Donald R McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Fri Apr 14 11:51 MDT 2000

Gina, Scott and List,

Sorry I did not complete my thoughts when I said I understood the Home
Office position. I do not necessarily agree with them. A detailed
argument against putting the Guidelines on the web is in order. There is
a lot on my plate these days and I do not wish to push the issue at this
time. If someone else is willing I will gladly work with them.

Gina brings up a good point about the technical bulletins that are now
on the web. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is too late
to get this issue on the council agenda for this year. If it is not too
late, I will talk to David and Taylor. Someone in favor would have to be
at council to argue the position. I will not be there this year.

The technical bulletins are in print as well as on the web. The
Guidelines can be too. If I am going to use the Guidelines in my
argument for another position, I want the published edition. It is a
better presentation than copies from the web.

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College