CAUT Guidelines

Donald R McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Mon Apr 3 09:12 MDT 2000

Richard,

Guidelines formula cover the same things as you mentioned regarding the
Steinway D and studio pianos. I recently received the Steinway Guidelines but
have not tried it out yet. Unfortunately I am not well versed in Excel. I
suspect the Steinway formula is similar to the CAUT formula but I cannot find
how it is written in Excel.

I agree with your suggestion that a whole maintenance plan for contractual
situations is best. Before taking this position at IC, I contracted with
schools. I did the same as everyone in the area and sold my work based on
tuning. That’s just the way it was done and I suspect it was the same most
everywhere. The present CAUT Guidelines does not address this issue and that
is one of the reasons why we are taking steps to revise. If you have time to
look at the CAUT Guidelines, please give us your ideas on how this information
can be included.

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College