Reporting Structure

Eric Wolfley eric.wolfley@uc.edu
Wed Mar 17 13:42 MST 1999

Michael,

Here at the Cincinnati Conservatory we report to the Assistant Dean for
Performance Management. This seems to work out well, because all the
performance division-heads answer to her as well. I can work with the
division heads to get something from her or work with her to help me with
any problems I may be having with say, the musical theater people dancing
on top of the performance pianos. She can also add clout to budget requests
I may make to the Dean (or subtract clout in some cases). The added layer
of bureaucracy can help or hinder, but so far I feel it has helped me.

Eric

At 10:16 AM 3/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello List,
>    I wish to know who you as technicians report to as staff
>technicians, (Department Chair, Events Director, Faculty, etc.) and any
>drawbacks or advantages you see with each?  Staff reporting structure
>revisions are under consideration at my institution.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>-Mike Jorgensen

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician