Nomenclature?

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon Mar 1 17:05 MST 1999

Hi Richard:

The system has already been supplanted. It was because of all the confusion
which existed before. One person mentioned that there had been 7 previous
systems for denoting the octaves. This is why the Acoustical Society of
America came up with the current system. It is somewhat analogous to the
establishing of a standard pitch by the same body.

Jim Coleman, Sr.