Tuning frequency

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri Feb 26 13:11 MST 1999

Greetings,
    We tune for everything faculty,guest, senior recital, etc.  I do the
tuning in the morning, early, and usually get to listen to it at 7:00 that
night before use.  It makes no sense to worry about a cent or two spread in
the octaves, nobody will ever hear it.  It is all in the unisons, I think.
      Recording work is different, but public stage performances have a lot of
tolerance.  And that is before they turn the 20,000 watts worth of lights on
20 minutes before performance time!!!!  I go through this anywhere from 2 to 5
times a week. The pianos and performers are all perfectly comfortable anywhere
between 439  and 441.  Some fixed pitch instruments need it closer, but they
are rare.
Regards,
Ed Foote