Tuning frequency

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri Feb 26 11:59 MST 1999

Mike,

   Good comment. I've noticed the same thing and after 6 years, have
just started backing off some the last couple of years, on the frequency
of the complete tunings, except for piano recitals.
   I will still check the unisons and octaves, but that's about it,
unless there's been a serious change in the humidity.

Avery

>   A good way to check to see if weather has gotten to the piano is to
>test the octave on the lowest tenor string.  If F2-F3 is still good, the
>piano overall is good and only needs unison touchup or refinement.
>First year here I wore out the hammers with over diligent tuning.
>-Mike

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston