Tuning frequency

Fri Feb 26 09:05 MST 1999

Avery,

At 09:27 2/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>List,
>>>The concert pianos got complete tunings every two weeks
completely and many more superficial tunings for concerts.

>   I was just wondering. Do many of you who tune for multiple concerts
almost every week do this also? Most of the time, I go completely through
the piano for every concert.

Concert instruments here get tuned once a week, minimum.

Just got back from doing just that.  I "go through the motions" of tuning
the entire thing, even though I could have touched up just the two unisons
which were out.  I've found that if I approach it just as a touchup - I'm
sure to miss something.

> Granted, I get a lot of 'freebies' usually,

Two unisons/three strings is a freebie, I guess, yes?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

The best things in life aren't things.