Tuning frequency

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri Feb 26 08:28 MST 1999

List,

   Mike brought this up on pianotech while answering a question about
breaking strings.

>The concert pianos got complete tunings every two weeks
>completely and many more superficial tunings for concerts.

   I was just wondering. Do many of you who tune for multiple concerts
almost every week do this also? Most of the time, I go completely through
the piano for every concert. Granted, I get a lot of 'freebies' usually,
but is it necessary to do a complete tuning every time? I've always felt
it should be that way but am wondering how most of you handle this. Thanks.

Avery