icq

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Wed Feb 24 19:44 MST 1999

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, harvey wrote:

> You need to get out more Ron. "The price is right" has become the
> colloquial expression for FREE, at least by software reviewers. It -used-
> to mean inexpensive, cheap, etc., and long ago could refer to eating (not
> dining) at McDonalds.

Yer right. I thought I'd read "_if_ the price is right," but on looking
back at Jeannie's message, I read more than was there. Mea culpa.

> If I recall, ICQ is promoted as a 'free for a limited time' package,
> being a wide-beta project. Since the limited time has been something
> like two years, I still haven't figured out the true meaning of...
> limited time!

I think it just means that they reserve the right to suspend the "free"
offer at any time. Like if their stock suddenly hits the $150 range (along
with Yahoo! and Microsoft)...

> That's okay, I'll add your number to my list anyway! Perhaps together we
> can learn something. <G>

What? Me? Learn?

Ron Torrella, RPT
Piano Technician		"And like that...he's gone."
University of Michigan		     - Roger "Verbal" Kint (Kevin Spacey)
School of Music			       The Usual Suspects
734/764-6207 (office/shop)
734/763-5097 (fax)
734/572-7663 (home)